Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home3/hairdcom/public_html/hairdressersforum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
So I have a new salon : Salon Business Articles
Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

So I have a new salon

This section of the forum is where members publish Salon Business Related Articles and How Tos. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
Forum rules
This section is where members publish their own Salon Business Related Articles and How To's. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
If you'd like to submit an article, please press "New Topic". We look forward to reading it!

So I have a new salon

Postby sizzorwizzard » 06 May 2011 02:33 pm

Hey everyone its been a bit since ive posted . I have recently opened a new salon and i need some serious advice on marketing this adventure. Its eight chairs and i have three full. Im a bit worried so all advice is helpfull and needed.... HELP!!!! :)
sizzorwizzard
HairdressingWorld Junior Member

Re: So I have a new salon

Postby presotto » 06 May 2011 02:46 pm

Get a website and get it ranked high on google in your area.

Also consider an autoresponder for the website the has some great offers.

These have worked well for me lately.
presotto
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Years Hairdressing: 47

Postby kazemhair » 06 May 2011 10:17 pm

I agree if you haven't got a website, that is essential and it needs to rank in the top 3 entries on the 1st page of google for, hair salon (your town) & hairdressers (your town) etc You need to rank on google maps (if that comes up in searches) and you need to get a free listing and reviews on yelp and qype. I would recommend the web development company Ino Web Design who have done our SEO and web development who are very good and reasonably priced.

Kazem

For all your salon supplies & salon furniture such as barber chairs
kazemhair
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby leprechaunsalon » 27 Jul 2011 07:07 pm

sizzorwizzard wrote:Hey everyone its been a bit since ive posted . I have recently opened a new salon and i need some serious advice on marketing this adventure. Its eight chairs and i have three full. Im a bit worried so all advice is helpfull and needed.... HELP!!!! :)

Hey..First of All Congratulations for your new Salon.
You should do proper SEO for your Salon website, so that it comes up on 1st page on google search results.

The most important thing in running a Salon is to have a good Salon Software.You need a salon software that is easy-to-use and has point-of-sale facility eliminating paperwork and you saving time and money. The salon software must have main features such as:
Tracks Sales
Manages Inventory
Tracks Clients
Automates Appointment Book
Calculates Payroll & Commissions
Provides dozens of Marketing Options
Includes Extensive Reporting with Analysis
Incorporates Plastic Gift Cards and Gift Certificates
Offers Wholesale Credit Card Rates

Feel free to visit Leprechaun Salon Software for more information.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Gabrielle Smyth
leprechaunsalon
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby sizzorwizzard » 04 Nov 2011 02:45 pm

Hey All its been six months already! Pres thanks man you are a true Guru! The salon is doing well now i need a management for salons cource. All is well but AS YOU KNOW IN ANY NEW SALON YOULL HAVE ISSUES. In my new salon i have but one the thing is she rocks as a stylist but she is a shitty employee. She likes to argue everything with me and attack seems to be her mode. I realy care about this person but by letting her act this way is non productive. So outside of mocking her which is what i want to do , do any of you have advice on dealing with a brat????
sizzorwizzard

Postby Pep » 07 Nov 2011 12:26 pm

Hi, and Congats!!!!
You are the owner and the staff needs to see you in control and NOT be pushed over. Caring about an employee should not interfere with the way you discipline her (that's showing you care). Do you have staff meetings? Is there a list of salon expectations and conduct? These must be followed by all staff, at all times. It only takes one badly behaved employee to poison the rest of your staff .

The clients should never see arguing or fighting among the staff...especially, between you, the owner, and employees. Tell her how you feel about her work (she needs positive reinforcement), then at the same time she needs to know or LEARN how to conduct herself professionally!
There will be consequences if the rules and salon practices are not applied and adhered to.

I hope you do very well....
Pep
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Return to Salon Business Articles