Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home3/hairdcom/public_html/hairdressersforum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Royalty Free Music Radio Quality Music no PRS/PPL Fees : Salon Business Articles
Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

Royalty Free Music Radio Quality Music no PRS/PPL Fees

This section of the forum is where members publish Salon Business Related Articles and How Tos. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
Forum rules
This section is where members publish their own Salon Business Related Articles and How To's. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
If you'd like to submit an article, please press "New Topic". We look forward to reading it!

Royalty Free Music Radio Quality Music no PRS/PPL Fees

Postby frostystart » 11 Sep 2010 07:51 pm

Royalty Free Music Radio (rfmradio.co.uk) – A Quality Alternative Music Source With No PRS/PPL Fees

Formed in 2009 RFM Radio provide a quality music service for businesses that require background music, but do not wish to pay the exorbitant PRS and PPL licence fees.

Anyone playing copyright music in public (ie: to an audience outside of his/her domestic or home circle) must have an appropriate licence from the PRS and PPL, which ranges from over £100 to £1000s per annum depending on the size of the establishment.

The ‘Bully Boy’ tactics of the PRS/PPL collection agencies pressurise businesses into buying a licence or they must cease playing music on their premises. They conveniently omit to tell them that they can play non copyrighted music legally without a licence!

Brothers Colin and Gary Wilkinson formed Rfmradio to provide a quality legitimate alternative music source for businesses at a reasonable cost, where there had previously been none available.

Sourcing quality music in different genres from unsigned bands/artists around the world, RFM Radio produce pre-recorded professionally DJ hosted shows, announcing track and artist details, providing a platform for emerging talent previously unavailable. We have an ever increasing demand from artists requesting to be on the playlist.

The shows are available in a variety of media formats through the internet, on SD cards or CD from as little as £4 per month. Rfm Radio also provide standalone players, amplifiers and SD card players to suit all businesses. You can listen to a small sample for free at rfmradio.co.uk.

In addition to providing background music, bespoke instore advertisements can be added – great for seasonal promotions and special offers.

Our client portfolio is expanding rapidly and we can be heard in a number of Subway stores, cafes, restaurants, hair dressers and other retailers throughout the uk.

Contact Name: Gary Wilkinson
Role: Head of Marketing
Company: RFMRadio.co.uk
Contact E-mail: marketing@rfmradio.co.uk
Contact Phone: 07961 531868
Company Website: rfmradio.co.uk
frostystart
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re: Royalty Free Music Radio Quality Music no PRS/PPL Fees

Postby chris the limey » 17 Sep 2010 06:54 am

I love this idea, especially now the PRS are targeting hairdressers.

I wanted to ask though, do you have a variety of music genres available? I just listened for 5 minutes at your website, and I can't really see our 18-25 crowd on a Saturday enjoying the type of music I was subjected to if I'm honest. It was a bit "metally" in places.

:?
-----
I try to get online to answer forum posts at least once per day. If I miss your post, let me know. :)
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby frostystart » 26 Oct 2010 07:30 pm

chris the limey wrote:I love this idea, especially now the PRS are targeting hairdressers.

I wanted to ask though, do you have a variety of music genres available? I just listened for 5 minutes at your website, and I can't really see our 18-25 crowd on a Saturday enjoying the type of music I was subjected to if I'm honest. It was a bit "metally" in places.

Give it a chance mate --- 5 minutes?? You cant please all the people all of the time! Sorry we dont do genres, take it as it is, a radio station like local/radio 2 but no adverts, no prs fees, no ppl fees, Sorry if its not for you
frostystart
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby chris the limey » 27 Oct 2010 10:59 pm

frostystart wrote:
chris the limey wrote:I love this idea, especially now the PRS are targeting hairdressers.

Give it a chance mate --- 5 minutes?? You cant please all the people all of the time! Sorry we dont do genres, take it as it is, a radio station like local/radio 2 but no adverts, no prs fees, no ppl fees, Sorry if its not for you

Sorry if I offended you. I was merely offering some customer feedback.

:blush:
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Return to Salon Business Articles