Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

Newspaper ad--Ideas?

This section of the forum is where members publish Salon Business Related Articles and How Tos. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
Forum rules
This section is where members publish their own Salon Business Related Articles and How To's. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
If you'd like to submit an article, please press "New Topic". We look forward to reading it!

Newspaper ad--Ideas?

Postby Pep » 21 Oct 2011 01:00 am

Hi, I am in the process of buying an existing salon and need some ideas for a newspaper ad. I need to say I am the new owner, and the only thing that is changing is the name! Any ideas...my brain is tired :)
Pep
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re: Newspaper ad--Ideas?

Postby globaljet » 16 Dec 2011 03:03 pm

Pep wrote:Hi, I am in the process of buying an existing salon and need some ideas for a newspaper ad. I need to say I am the new owner, and the only thing that is changing is the name! Any ideas...my brain is tired :)

Hi Pep, I am new to this forum, I´m sure by now you went ahead and came up with an ad and I hope it has been effective for you.
We have a saying we use amongst our lot that the number one cause of business failure for small business is GAMBLING! Without the correct approach, this is what advertising is.
There are many things to consider but the NUMBER #1 most effective element when marketing through the media is testing, testing, testing.

Why is the name changing? The existing clientele associate something that is special to them to that name. Owners put a lot of confidence in that the salon name is what´s is going to entice people to come in, often this name and a phone number is all potential clients have to go on when choosing which salon to visit. This will change rapidly in the next months and few years as the economy blows away small unprepared businesses that do not communicate effectively and efficiently AND succinctly their point of differences.

In answer to your question, you don´t necessarily need to say you are the new owner. People don´t care about that so much as that they will recieve the service they have become accustomed to that they associate with that business.
I would suggest creating a short 6 question survey to find out why people go there, dig for the REAL reasons not just "because she´s nice" then find out why people go elsewhere. It is no longer enough to just give good service once they are in the door. If you would like any further assistence pin-pointing where the lean money is in your business PM me and I will show you exactly where your lean marketing assets are and how to optimise and leverage them without spending anything else on ads. No obligation or fee attached, just more info you can turn into bottom-line benefits.
Merry christmas and good waves and hair days, Raymond E Lee
Globaljet Systems & Business Solutions
- We make your business work, not you.
Guaranteed 25% to 100% bottom line increase
in 90 days or we work for free until it is realised.
http://globaljet.me
globaljet
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby Lifestyle salons » 17 Dec 2011 08:25 am

Hi Pep,

I have many years experience with marketing hair salons as an owner and all I would say is be careful with newspaper advertising as the ROI isn't always that good! It is quick and easy to do but is usually quite expensive. Consider putting your budget into internet presence instead or at least follow one of the golden rules of marketing which is to measure its effectiveness.

Greg Christie
http://www.lifestylesalons.com
http://www.simplylifestyle.net
Lifestyle salons
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby gilbertgilard » 09 Feb 2012 12:52 pm

News papers is the best thing for the human.We get many different news and ideas for our filed job.It is the best for the all over the world best news.It is best for the get a some new thoughts.
gilbertgilard
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby salonpunk » 26 Mar 2012 10:11 am

Hi Pep

Hope your new salon going great.

It's quite easy to end up spending a fortune on newspaper ads, without bringing desired return on investments. Here's little tips for you to read about newspaper ads in salon

http://www.salonpunk.com/blog/2012/02/cut-costs-on-ineffective-salon-marketing-2/

Enjoy

http://www.salonpunk.com
salonpunk
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Return to Salon Business Articles