Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home3/hairdcom/public_html/hairdressersforum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
COLUMN BUILDER/MAKE MORE MONEY : Salon Business Articles
Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

COLUMN BUILDER/MAKE MORE MONEY

This section of the forum is where members publish Salon Business Related Articles and How Tos. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
Forum rules
This section is where members publish their own Salon Business Related Articles and How To's. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
If you'd like to submit an article, please press "New Topic". We look forward to reading it!

COLUMN BUILDER/MAKE MORE MONEY

Postby jeanette » 29 Jan 2008 06:05 pm

Hiya, as promised here are a couple of simple ideas to start you off with, 1st is a recommend a friend letter and 2nd is a birthday letter. hand out the recommend letters to everyone who walks into your salon and you will be surprised at how many new clients you will get from just this simple thing. 2nd letter takes a bit more effort, collect details from all your clients and at the beginning of every month send out birthday letters to all clients who have a birthday in that month, my clients have always loved getting these letters and have even been known to ask for em if ive been a bit late sending them out, lol.
jeanette
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re:COLUMN BUILDER

Postby jeanette » 29 Jan 2008 06:09 pm

jeanette
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re:COLUMN BUILDER

Postby jeanette » 29 Jan 2008 06:11 pm

birthday [file name=birthday_letter.doc size=24576]http://www.hairdressingworld.com/images/fbfiles/files/birthday_letter.doc[/file]
jeanette
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re:COLUMN BUILDER/MAKE MORE MONEY

Postby cally » 30 Jan 2008 08:07 am

Thays awesome thanks Jeanette
Cheers
Cally
cally
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby son » 30 Jan 2008 09:31 am

Thanx jeanette for the tips... I have seen this column builder, it\'s called something else now i think...
It was quite a few thousand dollars if i remember correctly... it sounded fantastic... took all the guess work out of marketing...I would have purchased it but the budget wouldn\'t stretch that far :( ..
It is really good of you to share this with us :)
son
HairdressingWorld Junior Member
HairdressingWorld Junior Member

Postby jeanette » 30 Jan 2008 10:10 am

hiya, if anyone wants to try out salon builder, just send me a message and ill send you the file, its quite large tho.

btw, im not selling this just sharing
jeanette
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby cally » 30 Jan 2008 06:22 pm

Hey Jeanette although i dont yet have a salon i\'d love to take a look at it...You are a star doing this for everyone.
Hope you are having a great week!
cally
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby chris the limey » 01 Feb 2008 05:41 am

Thanks so much Jeanette for sharing this with us. It\'s exactly what this site was designed for.
I\'d love it if you would also send me this file so I can review it and get some golden nuggets. I will private message you my email address.
To return the favour, I can share this advertisement for staff with everybody that I ran a few years ago and had over 100 replies. That\'s correct, over 100 hairdressers replied to the advert and I so I had the pick of the bunch! Honestly, I felt like Simon Cowell over the 3 days I held interviews!

I would urge everyone reading this to search your hard drives for ANYTHING at all that has helped you and share it with your fellow members. It took Jeanette to get the ball rolling, so let\'s not let it stop. We can all help each other become even more successful if we just take 4 minutes to have a look at what we\'ve got.

Here\'s my advert! [file name=ad_for_paper.doc size=25088]http://www.hairdressingworld.com/images/fbfiles/files/ad_for_paper.doc[/file]
-----
I try to get online to answer forum posts at least once per day. If I miss your post, let me know. :)
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby MariaQr » 01 Feb 2008 06:05 am

Hi jeanette,
i was holding my breath to see your column builder. I click on both but.... NOTHING:(
I \'m not familiar with technology. All i get is a little window that says
o open with Microsoft office word
o save to disk

ok (i can\'t click on it) cancel (i can
click on it)
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I WANT TO SEE THOSE FILES

:) any suggestions? PLEASE help.
MariaQr
HairdressingWorld Member
HairdressingWorld Member

Postby jazz » 01 Feb 2008 06:35 am

Ok Maria I get the same message...You need to SAVE TO DISK. it will save it problabley to your C drive with the name that is the file name.After it saves, you might have the option of opening it right there. ( i don\'t know what you are running for your OS)
If it doesn\'t give you the option to open it right away, you need to go to Start...then ALL PROGRAMS...MY COMPUTER...C drive and look for the file name..
You need to learn the rules before you can break them
jazz
Official Site Leader
Official Site Leader

Postby presotto » 01 Feb 2008 07:07 am

I have a lot of my marketing saved on a backup harddrive, but I can post some of my more current stuff.

This is a new client promotion that we ran:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/ ... stcard.jpg

This is one that we ran around the time \"The Secret\" was making headlines.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/ ... ecret2.jpg

Another first time client offer:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/ ... coupon.jpg

This is one I helped another salon owner put together, and liked it so much I ended up running a version of it myself:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/ ... heveux.jpg

This is what we are doing for this valentines Day, delivered on a postcard, picture is on the front:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/ ... nsback.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/ ... nesday.jpg

Now if you right click with your mouse and \"save image as\" you should be able to save these. Over the weekend, I will dig out the spare drive and sort through what else I have.
"I get my kicks ABOVE the waistline, SUNSHINE!"
presotto
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Years Hairdressing: 47

Postby chris the limey » 01 Feb 2008 07:15 am

Presotto,

Those are VERY impressive. Can I just ask...who does your artwork? Do you have an outside agency?

What is the return rate on these vouchers and which of the above has been your most successful campaign?

:)
-----
I try to get online to answer forum posts at least once per day. If I miss your post, let me know. :)
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby presotto » 01 Feb 2008 07:22 am

As Chris requested I have compiled a word document of stuff I have written on hairmaven.com It covers some aspects of marketing and some of my ideas. Food for thought anyway.

Hope this helps someone,

Anthony

P.S. I will still look for the other stuff too. [file name=Salon_marketing.doc size=40448]http://www.hairdressingworld.com/images/fbfiles/files/Salon_marketing.doc[/file]
presotto
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby chris the limey » 01 Feb 2008 07:24 am

Also Presotto...your deal structures reminded me a lot of the advertising we used to do for our salons in 2003.

I scanned my hard-drive but could only find one example on this computer. It is a black-and-white ad that we ran in our local newspaper for 4 weeks and filled the salon, you\'ll get the idea.

I will look on my back-up drives later this week. Image
-----
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby presotto » 01 Feb 2008 07:27 am

chris the limey wrote:Presotto,

Those are VERY impressive. Can I just ask...who does your artwork? Do you have an outside agency?

What is the return rate on these vouchers and which of the above has been your most successful campaign?

:)

All the work is done by myself. I also use vistaprint.com to do most of my printing. I have tried to keep everything as cost effective as possible.

Return dates are usually around a month for postcards and 2 weeks for newspaper. I found that these timeframes work the best for me. All these have been about equally successful, I have had a few duds, those I didn\'t post LOL ;)
presotto
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Next

Return to Salon Business Articles