Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

Help someone!

A great place for hairdressing students to help each other and get answers to their questions!

Help someone!

Postby ash » 14 Oct 2008 10:36 pm

Hi there!

can anyone help me please i need to get information on why it is important to be alert of hazards in a salon? and reasons why manufacturers instructions should be followed regarding use of products, equipment, material and the relevance of skin and hair tests..

Iv looked everywhere textbooks and the web but sill cant find anything.. Some please help il be grateful..

Ash
ash
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re:Help someone!

Postby Hannahallen » 15 Oct 2008 08:37 pm

Hi,
Remember that everything that relates to Health and Safety is just that. Your health and safety, your colleagues and your clients.
Manufacturers instructions in relation to hair colour are important as you are dealing with chemicals on skin - they need to be mixed together correctly using the correct measurements. Your client may be allergic and so a skin test is advisable before any colour.
Or for example if you have cut throat razor in the salon it\'s important to follow the guidelines of using and disposing into a sharps box etc and also to sterilise any equipment so that you do not cross contaminate from client to client. I\'m sure there\'s loads more but this is all I can think of at the mo.
Just think safety at all times and think of what could go wrong. Use your common sense and you can\'t go far wrong. Good luck x
Hannahallen
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Return to Learning Hairdressing