Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home3/hairdcom/public_html/hairdressersforum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Any motivational advice for a student? : Learning Hairdressing
Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

Any motivational advice for a student?

A great place for hairdressing students to help each other and get answers to their questions!

Any motivational advice for a student?

Postby Blondie0925 » 04 Oct 2010 03:31 pm

Hi, I am a Cosemtology student in Kentucky (1800 hrs required) and I currently have 1,000 hrs, however because of stress and other things from work and home (22 yrs old and have 3 step children!!!) I am finding it hard to maintain my normal enthusiasm for hair!! I absolutley LOVE doing hair, and cannot imagine doing anything else for a carreer, however from missing class (UGH, I know!) my grad date went from Feb 2011 to July 2011!!! I feel like it is never ending and I'll never get out!!! I can only go 20 hrs a week because I work a full-time job. I have a friend and former student who has offered me a booth at her salon when I graduate....it's just getting to the graduation date!!!! PLEASE if anyone can offer me any motivation or advice it would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank You all :)
Blondie0925
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re: Any motivational advice for a student?

Postby chris the limey » 04 Oct 2010 05:15 pm

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
when he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst, that
You Must Not Quit.

- C. W. Longenecker

Remember...this year will be the last EVER Christmas that you actually have the time to go shopping, wrap presents, get the food prepared and tidy the house before family and friends arrive. Make the most of it.

From next year onwards, you'll find yourself rushing out of the salon at 3.30pm on Christmas Eve, after working 7 days straight!! You'll have tips galore, but not a morsel of food in the fridge ready for tomorrow and half your friends will be given last minute gifts (basically, whatever is left from whichever shop is still open).

Savour this year...don't be in such a hurry to make it pass.

;-D
-----
I try to get online to answer forum posts at least once per day. If I miss your post, let me know. :)
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby Blondie0925 » 04 Oct 2010 06:17 pm

Thank you SO much! I loved that poem, I have printed it out and plan on reading it when I feel down and out! ;-D
Blondie0925
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby aoife » 06 Apr 2011 08:07 pm

[quote="chris the limey"]When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
when he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst, that
You Must Not Quit.

- C. W. Longenecker

:plan: im gonna write that down where i can see it... loved it :plan:
aoife
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby Mell » 18 Apr 2011 02:47 am

just remember the training is not forever. focus on the experiences and the hurdles you are overcoming everyday. i was in a similar situation and i just kept telling myself it's not forever and i was learning everyday. and that i would come out the other side soon and be happier then ever. remember its not for your job, its for your life and this time will make it worth it one day. good luck, only a little while to go.
Mell
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Return to Learning Hairdressing