Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home3/hairdcom/public_html/hairdressersforum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
How to counteract Underlying tones in Hair : Hairdressing Articles
Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

How to counteract Underlying tones in Hair

This section of the forum is where members publish Hairdressing Articles and How Tos. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
Forum rules
This section is where members publish their own Hairdressing Articles and How To's. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
If you'd like to submit an article, please press "New Topic". We look forward to reading it!

How to counteract Underlying tones in Hair

Postby jazz » 22 Jul 2007 11:45 pm

This is a chart that I found on a internet site a long time ago that has helped me many times when my brain wouldn't kick in on it's own.

The first column you have the Natural tones in hair, Levels 1 being the darkest to Level 10 being the lightest.
The second column is the underlying tones that are the makeup of the hair. These tones are the ones that any lightening system has to get thru to get to the desired level when highlighting or tinting the hair.
The third column is the parts per pigment in the hair.
The fourth column are the tones that are what you are actually seeing.
And the fifth column are the counter tones. These are the tones that you would use to correct the unwanted colors in hair.

Post edited by: chris the limey, at: 2007/07/23 00:11
You need to learn the rules before you can break them
jazz
Official Site Leader
Official Site Leader

Re: How to counteract Underlying tones in Hair

Postby fauxllet » 11 Nov 2008 08:06 pm

I can't click on that link, but I'd love to see this chart...any other place I can find it?
fauxllet
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby SophieA » 11 Nov 2008 11:50 pm

Hi fauxllet Girl; can you copy and paste the link into your address bar? :)
Style On, Sophiea
SophieA
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby SophieA » 12 Nov 2008 12:47 am

Opp's nope sorry J...
I tried it the link got an error message. :bloodycomputer:
Style On, Sophiea
SophieA
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby jazz » 12 Nov 2008 01:08 am

Sorry Guys, I tried to upload it again but this site doesn't accept .DOC as a valid file. :(

Time to GET Chris! once he changes the code for it , I will upload it again.
jazz
Official Site Leader
Official Site Leader

Postby SophieA » 12 Nov 2008 01:11 am

:goodluck: :proud:
Style On, Sophiea
SophieA
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby Glamgirl » 13 Nov 2008 03:27 pm

This sounds like the exact chart I have been needing, I will wait patiently...
Glamgirl
HairdressingWorld Junior Member
HairdressingWorld Junior Member

Postby jazz » 15 Nov 2008 12:30 am

Here it is:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jazz
Official Site Leader
Official Site Leader

Postby MrSimba » 28 Dec 2010 11:34 am

An interesting chart but a few areas that have me asking questions about it especially if it's assuming that a natural base 1's underlying pigment is 3 parts Yellow / 3 parts red / 3 parts blue?

Personally I'd have a natural base 1's underlying pigment at about 9 parts red!

Also it states 'The natural pigments slowly gets lightened by the oxidation process' All the natural pigments? All at the same rate of lightening action?

If your going to break down the base's into pigmentation then a brief explanation of the rates pigments exit the hair shaft under oxidisation would be good to see covered.

The blue pigment is the first to leave the hair shaft, followed by red, and finally yellow. Yellow is by far the most difficult pigment to remove from the hair shaft and the rate at which it is removed (and the levels of oxidant required) are not the same as the other pigments.

Cheers

Simon
MrSimba
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Return to Hairdressing Articles