Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home3/hairdcom/public_html/hairdressersforum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Hair styling scissors : Hairdressing Articles
Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

Hair styling scissors

This section of the forum is where members publish Hairdressing Articles and How Tos. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
Forum rules
This section is where members publish their own Hairdressing Articles and How To's. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
If you'd like to submit an article, please press "New Topic". We look forward to reading it!

Hair styling scissors

Postby BladeScissorServices » 17 Jul 2012 05:20 pm

Hair styling scissors are the main tool of your trade, yet I’m so surprised at the number of stylists that I visit who have NEVER had their scissors overhauled and sharpened! Really sharp scissors are SO important, whether you are chipping in, slicing or club cutting, YOU need to concentrate on the styling, not fighting your scissor blades! One of the most worrying myths, put about by manufacturers who should know better, is that certain makes of scissor are “self-sharpening”! I guess I’ve dealt with most brands of scissor during the course of my business, but have never yet found a pair of scissors that sharpen themselves whilst cutting hair! Styling scissors should be overhauled and sharpened approximately every four months, more often if you are dry cutting or dealing with wigs. Another mis-conception is that scissors can only be sharpened three or four times! What a load of twaddle! When we overhaul styling scissors we only remove microns from the cutting edges in order to bring them back to razor sharpness. A few tips on looking after your scissors -
[list=]Never lend them to even your best friend! Your scissors have your pressure marks worn into them, they are personal to you.[/list]
[list=]Always keep them in a pouch when they aren't in your hands.[/list]
[list=]Never cut anything other than hair with them.[/list]
[list=]keep them well lubricated with Clipper oil or the equivalent.[/list]

Now for the big one!

Never let just anyone sharpen your scissors,even if you know them - it takes time and understanding to do a professional job. Serrated edge, thinning and texturising scissors need to be treated in a different way to styling scissors!

If anyone would like further tips or information, then please feel free to email me. The email address is enquiries@blade.org.uk

Please visit our website http://www.blade.org.uk for further information on scissors and my company. Further comments welcome.
BladeScissorServices
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Return to Hairdressing Articles