Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home3/hairdcom/public_html/hairdressersforum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
FENG SHUI FOR HAIRSTYLISTS? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT : Hairdressing Articles
Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

FENG SHUI FOR HAIRSTYLISTS? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

This section of the forum is where members publish Hairdressing Articles and How Tos. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
Forum rules
This section is where members publish their own Hairdressing Articles and How To's. If you enjoyed reading an article or found it helpful/informative please log in or register to thank the original poster.
If you'd like to submit an article, please press "New Topic". We look forward to reading it!

FENG SHUI FOR HAIRSTYLISTS? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

Postby chris the limey » 15 Jul 2007 11:14 pm

Feng Shui is the ancient chinese art of balance within nature. In this article we discuss balancing face shapes through hair colour and style using the principles of feng shui.

All face shapes can be categorized into 6 basic shapes.

The ideal balanced shape is an oval face shape, so in this article we show you how to achieve balance on not only oval face shapes, but the 5 other most common face shapes too.

The Oval Face Shape

1. This is the ideal face shape.

2. Keep 1/4 of an inch around the entire hairline solid so the face shape will not change.

3.Color and highlight according to skin tone, eye tone, and haircut style. Stay off the hairline 1/4 an inch around.

ImageImageImageImage

The Heart Face Shape

1. Place darker color on the outer corner of fringes (bangs).

2. On the top of the scalp, begin any highlights toward center of forehead to draw attention up.

3. Side-swept fringes look great, but they must hit at cheek level. You can highlight the fringe area.

4. Bottom flip-add highlights to the bottom hairline.
5. Make the ear panel darker than the highlights around the bottom hairline.

ImageImageImageImage

The Round Face Shape

1.Part down the middle and smooth fringes to the side. Keep the front 1/4 inch of the hairline darker..

2.Add highlights to top area to create height.

3. On an off-set part, add highlights around the crown.
4. Keep the areas around the ears darker to slenderize face.

5. Long hair and all hair styles that frame the face need to have darker colors at the sides for depth.

6. Bobs that are cut to the lip need to be darker toward the bottom.

ImageImageImageImage

The Square Face Shape

1. On Fringes, the outside corners need to be darker or solid.

2. Middle parts slim the width of square faces.

3. Add highlights toward the center of the head to draw focal point away from the width.

4. Create a side-swept fringe ending at the cheek area to add softness to the jaw.

5. With medium to long lengths, keep the vertical panel darker or untouched with highlights.

ImageImageImageImage

The Oblong Face Shape

1. Fringes on the face need to be darker to shorten the face shape.
2. Add highlights to the temple and ear area to add width.
3. Bottom flip-out adds width. Add highlights behind the ear area to create width.
4. Side-swept fringes add width at the temple area and creates a vertical line.
5. Long layer pieces should flip out. Add lightness to the ends.

ImageImageImageImage

The Diamond Face Shape
1. Highlights in the 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch hairline area add width to narrow forehead area.

2. Around the temples and behind the ears needs to be left dark or colored one shade darker. Do not place highlights in the widest part of the face.

3. Highlight at the bottom of the hairline to create width at the narrow chin.

ImageImageImageImage

My name is Jazz and this is my first article for HairdressingWorld.com If you would like to see me produce more articles like this, please leave a comment about this article and let me know what else you would like information on.

I hope you found this article useful.

References: Feng Shui Haircoloring by Billy Yamaguchi (a very good book!)
-----
I try to get online to answer forum posts at least once per day. If I miss your post, let me know. :)
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Re: FENG SHUI FOR HAIRSTYLISTS? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

Postby smelly » 28 Aug 2009 02:19 am

just joined fantastic info, thanku :happy:
smelly
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re: FENG SHUI FOR HAIRSTYLISTS? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

Postby hairtwigger » 02 Sep 2009 12:52 am

I have seen Hair Salons with the ancient art of Feng Shui used as the theme for their salon design. I had'nt thought this could be used in Hair Design. I will be taking the idea onboard and hopefully in future use it to the benifit of my Clients.
Thanks for the information. :veryhappy:
hairtwigger
HairdressingWorld Junior Member
HairdressingWorld Junior Member

Return to Hairdressing Articles