Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

Rusk DeepShine Hair Colour

This is the general hairdressing chat area for you to discuss anything related to our wonderful trade!

Re: Rusk DeepShine Hair Colour

Postby chris the limey » 10 Oct 2010 04:11 pm

What I found out Kaz is that you are meant to be registered with them as soon as you buy from Sally's.

I'll bring this up this next week with her.

BTW...did a gorgeous colour yesterday using Rusk...it looked a lot like Dannii Minogue's new hair colour, except I didn't put any foils in at all. All of the clients and staff remarked how beautiful it looked! ;-D

Do you want the details?
-----
I try to get online to answer forum posts at least once per day. If I miss your post, let me know. :)
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby Blondie82 » 11 Oct 2010 02:27 pm

Hi Chris,

Have been just reading the thread between you & Kaz (hello Kaz!) & im really interested in any advice & tips on Rusk as I am really interested in changing to it but as I am mobile Ive no one to talk to about it only you guys :D !! Im really interested in what you said about the software that you have developed were you enter the clients base then the colour that they desire to be then the software does the rest-that sounds amazing!! Also would love to know how you did Dannii Minogue's colour on your client!
Thanks, :)
Blondie82
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby chris the limey » 11 Oct 2010 07:30 pm

Hi Blondie,

I'll try my hardest to get the software converted to Rusk this week and post an example of it working on Youtube or something.

For the Dannii Minogue colour..the client had a layered bob, was a natural level 6 with previously grown out level 9 bleach highlights.

I made 3 circles on the head, one at the crown, one around that and then one around the hairline.

On the crown circle I applied Rusk 7.3G with 6%. On the mid-circle, I applied Rusk 6.3G with 6%. Around the hairline, I applied Rusk 5.3G with 3%. Take all colours lightly through to the ends and leave to develop for 35 minutes.

The result is a dead ringer for Dannii's latest soft blonde bob.

:)
-----
I try to get online to answer forum posts at least once per day. If I miss your post, let me know. :)
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby chris the limey » 18 Oct 2010 08:00 am

Kaz...just a quick reply. This afternoon I am meeting with the Rusk Business Development Manager in the salon.

If you give me your salon name and address, I'll be able to get her to send you out the welcome pack and arrange someone to visit you. ;-D

I'm meeting her at 2pm.
-----
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby kazcutz » 19 Oct 2010 07:17 pm

hi chirs been busy sorry i missed you mail.if u get a chance again its kazcutz hairdressing , 43 campbell place, kilmarnock, ayrshire, ka14dy, that would have been great.... how did it go ????
kazcutz
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby chris the limey » 20 Oct 2010 07:01 am

Hi Kaz.

It went really well. I didn't get your address in time before the meeting, but I'll give one of the girls a call and pass the info on.

In the info pack was quite a bit of stuff. The Rusk Handbook, wall chart with all of the shades and mixing ratios etc., leaflets and information about all of the different products available, cutting DVD (which was really good) and a few bits on their technical products.

The woman I met was called Rena and I really liked her. She seems like the sort of person who knows her stuff but she's friendly and down to earth at the same time.

I'm yet to meet Darlene, but will be soon.

I was also informed about all of the other stuff they do like scissors, hairdryers, aprons, gowns, training etc. Rusk is a much bigger company than I realised.

Are you still enjoying using the colours?
-----
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby kazcutz » 21 Oct 2010 01:32 pm

chris.... thats great... yes i do like it more each day i use them.
i downloaded the hand book looks good am reading it but with the shop and 4 kids and a house to deal with it will take me a bit of time and i need to read things like that a few times for it to sink in lol.... the girl in my sallys has got me some poster s but dont know what there like yet being sent down for her head offce ... looking forward to seeing what she got me and the price lol...

karyn
kazcutz
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby Arronetta » 26 Nov 2010 02:06 pm

hi there

after reading the posts on Rusk, i decided to try it out. However not successful!

My client has virgin hair base 6 with a warmish tone. she wanted a block of blonde underneath with some highlights in same colour on top. We opted for SL13B with 40vol(beige blonde). Left for recommended time but result was a shade to dark and definately golden blonde (very nice colour if thats what she'd wanted). I think perhaps her hair was warmer than I thought so maybe i shouldn't have used anything with gold in it???
Unfortunately she had an appointment at the doctors so not enough time to try fix. She's coming back on Wednesday an my aim is to lift it one level and reduce the gold. As a total newbie to Rusk I really need some advice on what will work best.
Thanks
Arronetta
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby RobynRobertson » 10 Dec 2010 04:35 am

rachel1303 wrote:we are using rusk colours and absolutely loving the results - more impressed than matrix.
Sallys didnt inform anyone when we purchased over 100 tubes - i went through the rusk website and emailed them direct - we received 2 posters and info on their products - elimin8 is amazing too.
colours are so shiny and dont fade - loving this company so far so good .

Am sort of new here so I hope I got this right, I don't know rusk but read a great article on choosing a good colour company here: http://www.salonswift.com/news/?p=11

It really helped me, it was a big step but we finally got there!

Robyn
RobynRobertson
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby adamlea87 » 28 Feb 2011 09:52 pm

Hi this sounds very interesting.. I have been wondering for a while about the rusk colour remover called elimin8. Apparently it uses no peroxide/ bleach and therefore has no effect on the natural pigment/ undercoat, is this correct? If so does anyone know how it works?

:? Thanks
adamlea87
HairdressingWorld Junior Member
HairdressingWorld Junior Member

Previous

Return to General Hairdressing Chat