Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

Purple/Violet Colour

This is the general hairdressing chat area for you to discuss anything related to our wonderful trade!

Purple/Violet Colour

Postby divalou » 26 Dec 2011 01:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I want a true purple vibrant colour. I have used Igora /99 shades, Indola C/ range as well as attempting to add extra purple mix tone to a violet blonde and putting this over pre lightened hair. The first two still come out looking red and the last one just went dark ash blonde rather than purple. I don't really want to use a bleach/crazy colour combo as I don't really want it that bright. Can anyone recommend a colour or a combo that creates a true purple/violet rather than magenta?

Thanks

Lou x
divalou
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re: Purple/Violet Colour

Postby adamlea87 » 31 Dec 2011 06:39 pm

Hi could you tell me what your natural colour is and what colour the lengths and ends are?

If the colour is still looking red after adding violet mix tone then i would suggest using blue mix tone instead. Another option would be to add 1/4 - 1/2 tube of natural base to the mixture if you are looking for a deep purple, this will subdue the warmth from the undercoat.

If you can, I would refresh the lengths and ends with a demi permanent purple colour or semi permanent to avoid the ends becoming dull.

I 'think' wella have some vibrant purple colours, you may also get a good result with loreal inoa 5.20, as it is permanent although you don't expose as much warmth from the undercoat.

If you are naturally dark and using 30 vol to lift the hair, instead apply natural base 10 + 20 vol or 30 vol and lighten to one level below your target shade, then rinse off and apply your target shade with 20 vol. This will lift the hair one extra shade and you will get more colour deposit from the product.
You could even lighten the hair more than the target shade to remove more of the warmth from the undercoat, that is making the colour look red.

Good luck, and happy new year!!!
adamlea87
HairdressingWorld Junior Member
HairdressingWorld Junior Member

Postby Karnoffel » 04 Feb 2012 11:58 am

Hi! in my school we use Koleston Perfect (wella) and I got purple highlights just for fun :) I still had my natural hair colour(6) with some blonde highlights(8 maybe). I used 55/66 with 4% h2o2, and the highlights turned out very purple ! they stayed purple for about a month before they started going red (probably because i got more blonde highlights). also, when I've dyed my hair before, it has usually went back to my natural haircolour after 1 week, so i was quite surprised that it lasted for that long :p
Karnoffel
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby Loseweight » 14 Feb 2012 06:43 am

In general, salon hair colors contain higher-quality ingredients than the drugstore brands. Salons also offer a wider variety of colors and tones.Celebrities use deep conditioners with protein in them very frequently to keep the hair texture from becoming too porous and rough.
Loseweight
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Return to General Hairdressing Chat