Register Now for FREE

HairdressingWorld Forums

• Advertisement

Blonde hair , bright red foils

This is the general hairdressing chat area for you to discuss anything related to our wonderful trade!

Blonde hair , bright red foils

Postby pixiebelle » 19 Nov 2008 09:06 am

Hey I'm slightly nervous , next week I'm having a hair day at my home where a friend is bringing over people she knows & I'll do her hair , thing is I won't have a proper basin to rinse & one of the girls wants almost white blonde hair with thick slices red foils through the blonde ... I'm extremely worried her hair will go pink .
She is a friend of a friend & I don't want to tell her I can't do it & that she should go to a salon - What should I do ?
How can I do this colour without it going pink ?
Any tips ?
pixiebelle
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Re: Blonde hair , bright red foils

Postby chris the limey » 22 Nov 2008 12:23 pm

There isn't a hope in hells chance of you doing this colour and rinsing it over the bath and have the blonde not turn pink Pixie.

Also, most of the blonde with bright red panels are simply clip in hair extensions. I think you should let her know about that.

The extensions would be easy to do, and would be guaranteed not to fade.

If she has the red panels applied with hair colour, they will fade within a week and begin looking like a patchy orange.

Ask her if that's what she really wants.

Most of the time, being honest with clients is the best way.

xx
chris the limey
HdW Panel of Experts
HdW Panel of Experts

Postby pixiebelle » 23 Nov 2008 10:30 pm

Hi !

After a lot of stress ... I did it !!
I warned her that the blonde could go pink & she said she didn't mind & thats what she wanted , so I did the hi lift tint , chunky blonde streaks with oxy & 6% then Delorenzo Intense Ruby Red foils , Big chunks at the front & triangle panels down sides Red , after processing time was up I got a towel and Sprayed them one by one with a waterspray to get most of the colour out , then I coated each foil in thick treatment , she rinsed & It didn't run !
I was soooo relieved but the only thing is if anyone ever asks for a bright red again I'm going with Fudge because the delorenzo didn't go Red-red It went pinky-red but she was happy so I think it all went pretty well .
pixiebelle
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Postby jazz » 23 Nov 2008 10:42 pm

Pixie, don't you work in a salon where it would be easier to do these techniques?
jazz
Official Site Leader
Official Site Leader

Postby pixiebelle » 23 Nov 2008 11:16 pm

I worked in a salon for 11 years but recently have had children so I'm a stay at home mum but I still do hair colours & haircuts for family,friends & friends of friends either at my home or their home for some extra $$ - when my girls go to school I will start working again & might even open a business but still not sure - so I want to always keep working at home til then so i don't lose it :happy:
pixiebelle
HairdressingWorld Newbie
HairdressingWorld Newbie

Return to General Hairdressing Chat